Saturday, July 14, 2012

Planning for Paradise

After months of planning, we are a mere week away from our big adventure to Hawaii. We are confirming our flight reservations, reserving a car service to the airport, and double-checking our accommodations to make sure the dates match the days we expect to stay in those locations. Clay and I are reviewing maps together and making some initial plans for our first days in Oahu.

We are flying direct from Newark, our preferred airport in the NYC area, to Honolulu, which is a 10 hour flight. We put a high premium on non-stop flights in order to avoid delays, crowds, airline bureaucracy, and the deadliness of airports. When we booked the flight many months ago we decided to fork over the additional money for the extra legroom seats figuring that we would never remember how much we spent once we went, and that is proving to be true. And I am sure I will be grateful for the extra room on the very long flight.

After landing in Honolulu, we will start by staying in Haleiwa, on the north shore of Oahu, at Santa's by the Sea. It is truly right on the beach, and I was simply taken by the name. It is a Bed and Breakfast that has only one room so we were lucky to get it. I am already dreaming of having my coffee in the gazebo overlooking the Pacific Ocean as I overcome jet lag while staring at the sea. Could be rough, right?

The current focus of my planning is learning to blog using my iPad. I am trying an app called Blogsy that promises to import this blogpost right into Roaming the Roads where you are reading this now. Testing it out before we go, I apologize in advance if there are some goofy aspects to this post or the early ones of the trip. Part of the experiment includes being able to post a photo, so here goes a gratuitous import:

Clay's Hawaiian-inspired 50th birthday party
Clay's Hawaiian-inspired 50th birthday party
See you from Hawaii!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment